Sannyasins & cutting of the hair?

IndraDeva Ishaya indradeva_ishaya at YAHOO.COM
Fri Aug 9 10:37:46 CDT 2002

Yes, that's what I thought. Both growing and cutting
can serve the purpose of Non-Attatchment.
I had heard many varying arguments about the pro's &
con's of cutting vs. not. One said that you should cut
because sometimes "Rakshasas" or bad karma lodges in
the hair, especially matted hair, but then another
said that when you cut your hair, you lose control of
some subtle senses & it's detrimental to your
meditation practice. The argument con't from there.

Thank you for the replies.

^_^

--- kuntimaddi sadananda <kuntimaddisada at YAHOO.COM>