vEdAntasAra of Padmapada

Vidyasankar vsundaresan at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Aug 12 15:06:34 CDT 2002

>"Other works attributed to padmapAda include vijnAna dIpikA,
>AtmAnAtmaviveka, and a commentary on Sankara's Atmabodha, titled
>vedAntasAra"
>
>Can anybody comment on the availability (preferably in English) of
>vedAntasAra of padmapAda.

I don't think there is one. When creating these pages, I had relied on Vol.
I of the Encyclopedia of Indian Philosophies, which is a Bibliography. With
respect to this vedAntasAra, there is only a reference to a manuscript
catalog, and an old (1940s or so) Sanskrit printed edition as part of a
collection.

Vidyasankar