Powers of a Jnani

Jagannath Chatterjee jagchat01 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Aug 16 02:59:10 CDT 2002

Dear Kiran,

Namaskar.

You have already got a very good answer from
Aniruddhanji. The siddhis (powers of the jnani) are
acquired in the process of (and not after) acquiring
brahmavidya. These are a severe test put to him to
know his sincere intent. If the aspirant uses the
siddhis he falls from grace and his condition becomes
worse than an ordinary human (though he does not
realise it). One has to totally disregard these powers
(from the core of ones heart) and remain detached
despite them to progress in the path.

I think now you can ascertain the real status of the
many so called gurus that haunt this world. Beware of
a guru who displays his powers to attract devotees.

It is not that the brahmavid cannot/should not use his
powers but the intent is only best known to him
because as a brahmavid he is beyond the thought
process of an ordinary jiva.

Regards

Jagannath.