Summary (of "Question", "braHmavid=Krishna?" series of mails)

Thu Aug 22 14:14:43 CDT 2002

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002, Kiran B R wrote:

> The Advaitin says "No, you're not forgetting anything,
> it is all thy ***Self***!"

> To which I say, "That's really cool! Since it is all
> my Self, can ***I*** turn these trivial things around so
> that water freezes when I boil it? Can I?"

Ah but who said the 'Self' talked about by Advaitins is the same as the
person 'Kiran Rao'?

In fact 'Kiran Rao' is only a subset of that Self.  'Jaldhar Vyas' is
another subset but it doesn't follow that I am the same subset.  And it
also doesn't follow that a subset has all the properties of the whole.