Summary (of "Question", "braHmavid=Krishna?" series of mails)

Roger Floyd Slowfork at AOL.COM
Sat Aug 24 15:36:04 CDT 2002

Dear group

Namaskar

On Friday 23 Aug 2002 Jaldhar wrote,

"It seems to me as Advaitins we should not accept 'miracles' either.  The
concept of a miracle makes sense if there is a creator who is outside the
system who can manipulate its' parameters.  But we believe that Brahman
pervades all we know and see.  Brahman is more than the universe but there
is no part of the universe which is not Brahman.  So already all natural
events are explained by Brahman and there is no need for a seperate class
of "miracles."  Or alternatively you can think of it as everything is a
miracle."

I would like to support this view which, as Jaldhar argues, follows from a
non-dual philosophic position. Again, the realised being sees that causality
itself is illusory and that the world arose without cause (ajata vada) and
therefore can be thought of as a miracle.

Hari Om

Roger