New member introduction: Michael Blate

vaidya_sundaram@i2.com Vaidya_Sundaram at I2.COM
Tue Aug 27 14:16:36 CDT 2002

----- Forwarded by Vaidya Sundaram/Dallas/US/i2Tech on 08/27/02 02:14 PM
-----

yogafarm at webtv.net (yogafarm)
08/22/02 06:03 PM

Re: Welcome and Request for more info.

[ --- ]

 I stumbled across your
website just recently and would be interested in receiving the "digest"
version, so as not to "clog" my WebTV's e-mail.

I have been teaching yoga-Vedanta since the mid-1980's.  I am the author
of "A Yogi Explains 'The Bhagavad-Gita': Enlightenment for the New
Millennium."  We send out weekly installments of this via e-mail to a
list of some 400 yoga centers and teachers.

I'm also the author of "Vedanta for the 21st Century: How to Smash the
Chains That Bind Us to Limited Thinking!," as well as several dozen
other books and publications in the field of alternative healing and
natural health.

I and my small group entered this pathway as devotees of Sathya Sai
Baba.  In 1981, in my first interview with Sai Baba, seven years after
becoming his devotee, he told me I "was God."

As a Westerner, I had no idea what that meant, but because of my deep
devotion to Sai Baba, I took the next half decade to find out.  Later,
believing that teachers must teach what they, themselves, need to learn,
I began hosting discussion groups in "The Bhagavad-Gita" in 1987.
Later, still, we incorporated the "Upanishads," "Atma Bodha," "Brahma
Sutras," "Astavakra Gita," "Raja Yoga," and most recently, "Yoga
Vasistha," into the resulting study group.

Though I have read more than a dozen versions of the "Gita" -- as well
as much of the available literature (in English) concerning advaita
vedanta -- over the years, our primary guides for these studies have
been Swami Nikhilananda (Ramakrishna - Vivekananda lineage); and Swami
Jyotirmayananda (Sivananda lineage) ... plus, of course, the discourses
and other material from Sathya Sai Baba.

Our organization -- The G-Jo Institute ( www.g-jo.com ) offers a
video-taped program called "Seven Ultimate Secrets: The Pathway of Neti
Yoga."  It is an abbreviated version of jnana yoga, produced especially
for Western audiences.  To help the Western seeker, we also offer a
variety of "self-health" publications for those who wish to serious
pursue pratyahara -- the control of the senses through the erasure of
pain, elimination of distress, health through a vegan diet, upliftment
of mind, etc.

My (illusory) time is fairly limited; hence, the request for the
"digest" version.  For between bhajans once or more each week, hours of
meditation, continuing my working and writing, etc., the days and weeks
pass quickly ...

Again, thank you for contacting me.  Be well and namasté!

Michael Blate
Executive Director

Welcome to DeerHaven Hills Farm and Yoga Eco-Center!  Learn more about
us at www.yogafarm.com ...

Then learn how to heal yourself or your loved ones, using only the touch
of your finger -- www.g-jo.com ...

Or discover the awesome transformative power of Neti Yoga by visiting
http://community.webtv.net/yogafarm/NetiYoga