Tat tvam asi?

nanda chandran vpcnk at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 12 21:43:45 CST 2002

>If that=92s so then why does Shankara still assert that in the ultimate
>moment liberation is only possible due to divine grace?
>---------
>
>Can you give the reference for this quote?

Ravi, I wanted to write to you earlier with the exact references, but have
been travelling and hence do not have references at hand. But this I can
tell you : there are two such references that the removal of avidhya is
effected only by divine grace. One is in Shankara's commentary on the Brahma
Sutras and the other is in his commentary on the Katha Upanishad.

Maybe others can help here?