Advaita terminology

Srikrishna Ghadiyaram srikrishna_ghadiyaram at YAHOO.COM
Sat Feb 16 13:48:05 CST 2002

Hari Om !!

--- "Jaldhar H. Vyas" <jaldhar at BRAINCELLS.COM> wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Srikrishna Ghadiyaram wrote:
>
> > I see the word Kutastha-Atman being referred with
> > respect to Sushupti Avastha, explaining that
> > Kutastha-Atman is none other than Paramatman. So,
> > assume it is referring to Jivatman. However, as
> > Jivatman is none other than Paramatman, I guess it
> is
> > OK to say that Kutastha-Atman is Paramatman.
> >

> kutastha = lika mountain (i.e. highest) or
> all-pervading.

On careful reading, I understand, Kutastha is referred
to Paramatman and not Jivatman. (as you mentioned).

But I am wondering what is the significance of using
the word for 'Brahman' with reference to 'Isvara', and
the word 'Kutastha'  with reference to 'Jiva', when
they both refer to the same 'thing'.

Kindly give your comments.

Om Namo Narayanaya !!

Srikrishna