Tat Tvam Asi - Avachhinna-Anvachhinna, Avachheda, Karya-Karana vadas

Srikrishna Ghadiyaram srikrishna_ghadiyaram at YAHOO.COM
Sat Feb 16 19:38:42 CST 2002

Hari Om !!

I realise that most of the time we are being explained the 'Tat Tvam
Asi' Mahavakya using Bimba-Pratibimba Vada ( or Abhasa Vada called
differently). Is the word 'Kutastha' is relevant only here ?

Proiving that Chidakasa = Kutastha does not seem so much useful for
the realisation of the Jiva. They are anyway equal by definition.
What is there for the Jiva to do in this process for realisation?

I am understanding that in this Vada the witnessing-intelligence is
attributed only to the Kutastha. (Is Jiva the experiencer here instead of
the Ahamkara ?)

I read the following sentences in 'Vedanta for Beginners':

"Udana helps deglutition or swallowing of food. It takes the Jiva to rest
in Brahman during deep sleep."

"The King (or the Jiva) in deep sleep comes in contact with the All-
blissful Supreme Soul and refreshes and strengthens himself. Brahman is the
source of all peace and bliss."

If Jiva itself is Atman, in deep sleep, it is the Jiva who is aware of its
happiness and ignorance, being associated with the Karana Sarira. It is the
inherent Bliss nature of the Jiva/Atman which is expressed here. Is there
any connection for the Jiva with Paramatman in deep sleep except that it is
Paramatman itself. Here, is not the Jivatman itself the Witness ? Do we
still need Paramatman as the Witness ?

Can some one point me to explain this Mahavakya in the 'Avachhinna-
Anvacchinna' Vada, Karya Karana Vada, and Avachheda Vada.

Om Namo Narayanaya !!

Srikrishna