Jnana and Bhakti

S. V. Subrahmanian svsubrahmanian at YAHOO.COM
Fri Jan 25 07:18:38 CST 2002

> 4) adhikaari for nivRtti maarga is a sannyaasin.

Can you quote any teacher or text that says the above point.  I can understand
that a sanyasi is an adhikAri for nivR^tti, but should every adhikAri be a
sanyAsi.  I understand that it is the stand of this list, but is it possible to
quote some text where it clearly states so (other than "tyAgainEkEna amR^tatva
mAnasuH - mahAnArAyaNa Up - which I don't interpret as above).  I am asking for
my own informed decision making.

> 10)karma and jnAna are antagonistic to each other and cannot be
> practised simultaneously.

The above statement should always be followed by the statement that while karma
and jnAna are opposites, karma yoga and jnAna yoga are NOT opposites.  karma
yoga is a preparation to jnAna yoga.  Otherwise, some may confuse the above statement.

=====
Regards,
SVS.