Are GODs just symbolic ???

bhaskar.yr at IN.ABB.COM bhaskar.yr at IN.ABB.COM
Fri Jul 19 00:21:42 CDT 2002

praNAm
Hare Krishna

Below is the quote I found in the book titled *Maha Yoga* by *Who* -
Lakhmana Sharma Published by RamaNAshramam, Thiruvannamalai.  Can any of
the learned members give me the implicit meaning of this upanishad verse??
on the face of it, it is clear that treating god is an outsider & an
objective reality is meaningless unless identify oneself with HIM .  Thanks
for your kind clarification in advance.

//quote//
Bruhadaranyakopanishad (1.4.10) It is said  that : He that serves a
separate deity - thinking "he is one & I am another - is ignorant; he is
like a quadruped for the gods in heaven.
//unquote//

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar