Are GODs just symbolic ???

Srikrishna Ghadiyaram srikrishna_ghadiyaram at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jul 22 11:36:30 CDT 2002

Hari Om !!

Just for clarification. I made a typo in my previous
mail. Here is the corrected sentence.

--- Srikrishna Ghadiyaram
<srikrishna_ghadiyaram at YAHOO.COM> wrote:
> Hari Om !!
>
> --- "Jaldhar H. Vyas" <jaldhar at BRAINCELLS.COM>
> wrote:
> > On Tue, 16 Jul 2002, Srikrishna Ghadiyaram wrote:
> >
> > > The Swami repeatedly said, "there are only two
> > type of accounts, one
> > > Historical and the other Symbolic. There is no
> > >mythological account."
>

> > I think you are making the same mistake as the
> Swami
> > of assuming that
> > symbolic means not real or inferior.  This is only
> > the case if you believe
> > that perception is the only valid pramana.
>
> If we accept that the story of Kshera Sagara
> Matnthana
> is not a cookedup story to express some symbolism,

(correction: If we accept that the story of Kshera
Sagara Matnthana
is a cookedup story to express some symbolism,
)