Advaita and the Gita

reachhemant reachhemant at SIFY.COM
Sat Jun 1 04:30:37 CDT 2002

Dear Sri Venkataramani,
                     You must decide for yourself what spiritual path you will take.  Adhyatma is a philosophy of Being put into spiritual practice. Depending on the philosophy you choose will depend your practice. If it is Sri Aurobindo you choose I may be of some help to you. Sri Aurobindo is a very complex philosopher  just as Sankaracharya is subtle. But we would be disturbing the agenda of this list if we discuss non advaitic subjects. You can get me separately at reachhemant at sify.com
                                                                                                                          with best regards,
                                                                                                                                yours truly                                                                                                                                          Hemant
PS The sonnet is not from Savitri but from his collected poems.
  PS ----- Original Message -----
  From: Venkataramani K.
  To: ADVAITA-L at LISTS.ADVAITA-VEDANTA.ORG
  Sent: Saturday, June 01, 2002 11:35 AM
  Subject: Re: Advaita and the Gita

  Dear Sri.Hemant,

  Very true. Often times, I must admit, that I don't necessarily grasp the purport of what Sri Aurobindo writes. It may be due to the fact that I approach the writings with certain pre-defined conceptions, which Sri Aurobindo sees very differently. That was a nice sonnet. Is it from "Savitri"?

  Regards,
  K.Venkataramani