Etymology of a few words

Srikrishna Ghadiyaram srikrishna_ghadiyaram at YAHOO.COM
Tue Jun 25 22:11:46 CDT 2002

Hari Om !!

I read this following sentence in a book only
yesterday.

"A book of thirty-one chapters published in 1922, by
John Woodroffe which is an indepth exploration and
explanation of the Sanskrit alphabet or letters as a
key to understanding the esoteric meanings of mantra
as given in the Tantric Sastra. The "Garland" in the
title refers to the letters of alphabet which Devi
wears areound Her neck as the originator of sounds and
Sanskrit."

See if this helps. If you get to read it please post
your synopsys.

Om Namo Narayanaya !!

Srikrishna