Kashmiri Shaivism

Swarna Venkateswara Swamy truthseeker123x at YAHOO.COM
Tue May 7 20:07:15 CDT 2002

 Hari Om. Is the mind to be resolved or dissolved? Going beyond (like going through a door), indicates that one has the 'key' to the lock on the door. So even after the knowledge, the door is there, but it is no longer locked to you. 'Jnana Beegam' (the key of knowledge) is referred to in Yoga. If the mind is dissolved (into the Self), there is no return (to the previous state).
Anyway, the key is mind.
  Lalita Iyer <lalita_iyer at YAHOO.COM> wrote: Harihi Om , I would like to add that actually going
beyond the mind is seeing through the mind. Mind is
mityha it has to be resolved. Even after knowledge the
mind is still there.
--- swamy swarna wrote:
> Dear Sri Swaminarayan,
>
> Hari Om.
>
> That is certainly interesting. Could you please post
> some more details about the "Dhrig Dhrishya
> Vivekam?"
> Thank you.
>
> Swamy Swarna
>
> --- Swaminarayan T wrote:
> >

> > swamy swarna wrote:
> > Dear friends!
> >
> > A Jiva is probably a projection of the Self
> > (Paramatma) through a specific window of a
> > multi-dimensional space into or onto this
> > three-dimensional world. So when the Jiva tries to
> > trace back its origin through that window
> backwards,
> > it encounters the window (mind). And if the Jiva
> can
> > go beyond, it does reach the true Self, i.e.
> itself.
> > Am I making sense?

> > In your above observation,we could equate ' The
> > Self ' with "Brahman" and ' The Paramatman' with
> > "Ishwara" (As opposed to Brahman ).Further let us
> > equate the 'multi dimensional space' mentioned by
> > you with the "Tri pada " of Purusha Suktam and the
> > 'Three dimentional world' refered to by you to
> > "Pada" of Purusha Suktam -this Universe.
> >
> > The Jiva which is the Mumukshu here ,when, by its
> > sadhana ,negates the mind, in effect,negates the
> > Paramatman also and gets instantly liberated.
> >
> > As preached in the Dhrig Dhrishya Vivekam :
> >
> > "Tada Dhrashtuhu swarupe awasthaanam ". Meaning,
> At
> > that time, the Seer -The Witness - remains in his
> > own Swarupa.
> >
> > "Brahma Tat Tadaa" . "Then, That is Brahman"
> >
> > Then, verily, there is no " seer ", " seen " or "
> > the process of seeing" !
> >
> > Hari Om!
> >
> > Swaminarayan

> > Swamy Swarna

http://health.yahoo.com

in search of truth and with prayers to Govinda to help reach  that goal in this life itself, and with best wishes to you that your goals may be reached,

yours sincerely,