shankara jayanti

Ravisankar S. Mayavaram miinalochanii at YAHOO.COM
Mon May 13 16:44:11 CDT 2002

shankara jayanti is celebrated on vaishaaka shukla panchami. This year
it is on May 17th Friday in India. In the US, according to the New York
Ganesh Temple panchanga, it is on May 16th and naxatra on that day is
ardra.

What to do for that?

1) refer to

http://www.escribe.com/religion/advaita/m7342.html

2) We can formally take up a discussion on shankara bhaashya on this
list. If you ask my suggestion -- iishaavasyopanishhad bhaashhya. It is
a short text and entire bhaashya in sanskrit is already available on
the net (sanskrit.gde.to).

bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam

=====
ambaaL daasan

Ravi

sharaNAgata raxakI nivEyani sadA ninnu nammiti mInAxI

http://www.ambaa.org/  http://www.advaita-vedanta.org