Any query......

Srikrishna Ghadiyaram srikrishna_ghadiyaram at YAHOO.COM
Sat May 18 09:47:55 CDT 2002

Hari Om !!

--- Somik Raha <somik at YAHOO.COM> wrote:
> SrikKrishna Ghadiyaram wrote :
> > I do not know much. But, can you quote from
> > Bhagavatam, or Mahabharata or Bhagavad Gita, that
> > Arjuna or Krishna ate meat ? So,  until you have
> > authentic proof, do not conclude that because
> > Kshatriya's eat meat, Lord Krishna should have
> eaten
> > meat.
>
> There is a specific proof. Yudhishthira conducted
> the Ashwamedha yajna - in
> which Sri Krishna participated. As is the norm, the
> meat of the horse has to
> be eaten after the sacrifice (this kind of sacrifice
> was also mentioned by
> someone). The reference for this Ashwamedha yajna is
> in the Mahabharata.

This is what I was pointing to you; this is not proof
enough that Lord Sri Krishna ate meat (say in that
Aswamedha). Do you know if the Yajamana of the yajna
is enjoined to eat meat of the horse or all the guests
are obligated to eat that horse meat ????

Do not make guess work lead you to false conclusions.
You said you are a programmer. Such programming logic
does not work. Recall your If - Then - Else
statements. You need rigorous logic in spirituality,
than in mundane programming.  Here you are looking for
Universal solutions.

Om Namo Narayanaya !!

Srikrishna