Value of Prayer

Tue May 28 11:18:57 CDT 2002

On Tue, 28 May 2002, Srikrishna Ghadiyaram wrote:

> The religious education in India is not in any way
> inferior to what is given by other religions. Infact
> they may be just on par. An ordinary religious Indian
> believes God to be the 'dispenser of Fruits' so he
> prays and prays for happiness. What else is Islam
> teaching more than that.

Thinking more on a historical and intellectual level, Anand is correct.
This is because both the right and left wing in India are more concerned
with propogating their fantasy version of the past than the truth.  The
problem is once you start lying even with good intentions, you lose the
moral authority to confront other liars.  So not only religion but all
intellectual fields get depressed and that can't be good for Indias future
progress.

> To the best of my little knowledge, they do not have
> advanced SPIRITUAL teachings and systematic approach
> as REALISATION of GOD within.  But, here the teachings
> of Hindu scriptures can not adhere to the standards or
> level of religious teachings only; so a more open a
> independent, and scientific approach is needed.

How so?  Kindly explain.