LakshmiNrsimha Karaavalamba Stotram

Venkatraman.Chandrasekaran at NOKIA.COM Venkatraman.Chandrasekaran at NOKIA.COM
Fri May 31 11:30:21 CDT 2002

Thank you very much Anand.

Regards,
chandrasekaran.

Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 11:21:05 +0530
To: List for advaita vedanta as taught by Shri Shankara
        <ADVAITA-L at LISTS.ADVAITA-VEDANTA.ORG>
From: reachhemant <reachhemant at SIFY.COM>
Subject: Re: Advaita and the Gita

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C2095E.6BB38C60

Dear Sri Venkataramani,
                 The information you have given is most interesting. The fact of the matter is that Sri Aurobindo does not lend himself to a facile interpretation. The world is REAL for him but not merely in the sense of a sense bound egoistic creature. In fact the experience of nirguNa Brahman and the accompanying sense of the unreality of the world is a sine qua non even in Sri Aurobindo's yoga. Consider this beautiful sonnet by written by Sri Aurobindo describing his experience which may be an inspiration even for orthodox Advaitins.

                                                                            Nirvana

                    All is abolished but the mute Alone
                    The mind from thought released, the heart from grief
                    Grow inexistent now beyond belief;
                    There is no I, no Nature known unknown
                    The city a shadow picture without tone,
                    Floats, quivers unreal; forms without relief
                    Flow a cinema's vacant shapes; like a reef
                   Foundering in shoreless gulfs the world is done.

                    Only the illimitable Permanent
                    Is here. A Peace stupendous, featureless, still,
                    Replaces all; what once was I, in It
                    A silent unnamed emptiness content
                    Either to fade in the Unknowable
                    Or thrill with the luminous seas of the Infinite.

                                                           with best regards,
                                                                    Hemant