New member introduction: Dr. P.K. Nair

Tue Nov 5 20:14:15 CST 2002

My name is Prasannan Nair (Prasanna Kumaran Nair). I live in the United
States.

My wife, Shyamala, and I have been students of Vedanta and Hinduism for a
long time. We conduct weekly discussions on Bhagavad Gita in our house.
After one reading of the Gita we switch to an Upanishad.

I am also interested in comparative religion.

In our area, in a town called Temple, we just built a temple and we will
have its Sthana Prathishta and Kumbhabhishekam in January and February
next year. Associated with this, we are holding a symposium titled, "Ekam
Sat Viprah Bahudhaa Vadanti". Swami Chidananda of Vivekananda Mission of
Chicago has kindly agreed to participate in the Symposium and our
functions. I have been asked to co-ordinate the activities by the Board of
Directors of the temple. You will get more info in our redimentary
web-page, hindutemple.org

I am writing all these to let you know of my bachground. I like to join
your discussion group, more for learning than to contribute. I will also
abide by your rules.

Thank you,

sincerely

Prasannan