Gotram, Sutram, Veda

Srikrishna Ghadiyaram srikrishna_ghadiyaram at YAHOO.COM
Fri Nov 8 18:05:19 CST 2002

hari Om !!

--- Srikrishna Ghadiyaram
<srikrishna_ghadiyaram at YAHOO.COM> wrote:
> Hari Om !!
>
> I found the following information in Bhakti List:
>
> ------------------
>
> Apasthambha & other Kalpa Sutras
> From: V. Sadagopan (75041.3037 at compuserve.com)
> Date: Thu Jan 04 1996 - 18:55:10 PST

> [
> author ]
> The Kalpams  provide details on who should do what
> and
> at what stage of one's
> life.
> They elaborate on the mantras to be recited, the
> Samagriyas to be assembled,the
> Rtviks
> to officiate at these rituals and prescribed
> functions.
>
> The Kalpa Sutrams have been given to us by various
> Sages . In the south, Krishna
>
> Yajur Vedam is dominant or popular. Six rishis --
> Aapasthambhar, BodhAyanar,
> VaigAnasar, SatyAshaadar,Bharadvajar and Agnivesar--
> have written Sutras for the
>
> practioners of Krishna Yajur Veda Saakhaa. These
> Rishis have written both the
> Sroutha and  Gruhya Sutrams  for the Saakaas.

How does a yajurveda sakhadhyayi know and follow one
of these six Kalpa Sutras ? How specific Kalpa Sutras
got atached to an individual family ?

By questions started because the form I was to fill
for my son for the Kanchi Matha Veda Pathasala had a
columns for Gotra, Sutra, Veda.

Om Namo Narayanaya !!

Srikrishna