Fw: Item# 4

Steve Wray steve.wray at PARADISE.NET.NZ
Sat Nov 23 15:29:49 CST 2002

[snip]
> > In this article they accuse India's Christian missionaries of
> > orchestrating the recent conversion of Dalits, or
> "untouchables," not
> > to Christianity, but to Buddhism.
>
> Buddhism died out in India many centuries ago.

I thought that Buddhism was *wiped* out in India centuries
ago!

The story I have read, and I hope that someone on this
list could advise if this is completely wrong,
is that when Buddhism appeared it was seen as fulfiling
a prophecy to the effect that the god Krisna would
take avatar (if thats the appropriate phrase) and create
a new religion.

This new religion would attract all the demons that had
been hiding in human form and they would join it.

Then, merely by eliminating this religion and expelling
all its followers, all the demons that had formerly been
hiding in India would be gotten rid of.