New member introduction: Kapali Vishwanathan

Mon Oct 14 22:01:43 CDT 2002

Namaste.

My name is Viswanathan Kapaleeswaran. The name Kapali
can be used to address me. I completed my doctorate in
information security and I am working as a
post-doctoral fellow.

I do not know exactly how or why the interest in
Vedanta occured. Nevertheless, I am interested in
knowing the nature of the self. I would like to
realise the essence of the shloka by Sri. Adi Shamkara
titled, "Nirvana Shatkam," which I have read and
memorised in Samskritam. My understanding of the
Samskritam is limited. Other articles on Vendanta that
I read are mostly in Tamil or English. I have just
started a self-study of Samskritam and it may take
some time before I can read articles in Samskritam.

I am reading an English translation of Baghavat Gita
Bhasya by Sri Adi Samkara. I have read works due to
Sri Ramana Maharshi. Lately I have had the great
oppurtunity to read portions of the book titled,
"Deivaththin Kural" by  Jagadguru Sri
Chandrashekharendra Saraswati Swamigal of Kanchi. The
list of items that I plan to read are Vivekachudamani
Bhashya by Jagadguru Sri Chandrashekhara Bharati
Swamigal of Shringeri. I am currently reading a Tamil
translation of Tripura Rahasya. I have started reading
the articles at your web-site, especially the kind and
gentle conversations of Jagadguru Sri Chandrashekara
Bharati Swamigal of Shringeri with his disciples.

A hope that the satsanga would bring clarity to all
exists. I expect to read more email from this group
than the number email that I may send, if any. I would
like to understand the Advaita tatva that Sri. Adi
Samkara gave to the humanity. I may be uninterested in
the articles that present individualistic
interpretations of the words of Sri. Adi Samkara. I am
interested in all information from Sringeri mata.

Thank you for maintaining this web-site and your
efforts.

Shantih, Shantih, Shantih.

Kapali.