brahmavid=Krishna

Kiran B R kiranbr at ROCKETMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 3 02:47:54 CDT 2002

> >How can Krishna say "sambhavAmi yugE yugE" if he
> >cannot control Maya?
>
> But you must interpret the above verse in the
> correct sense. Krishna as a
> jnaani has broken the bonds of maya - the unreal
> which never is and is only
> imagined, is discarded for the real that always is.
> So in a personal sense
> he can say he controls maya. Even as he is a jnaani
> and a teacher of the
> brahma vidhya in the Gita he also shows the way to
> others as to how to break
> free from maya. In this sense also he can be said to
> control maya for the
> world.
>
> The problem lies in interpreting maya as an entity
> in itself. Maya is merely
> incorrect representation due to ignorance. What is,
> always is - what isn't,
> never is.

It is immaterial to me in which "sense" he controls.
If there is any "sense" in which he controls, your
allegation that The Unreal cannot be controlled is
unacceptable.

If the Unreal is truly uncontrollable, you cannot have
your pet dog get newspapers for you. If the Unreal is
truly uncontrollable, no such thing as mukthi is
possible - because even the path to mukthi is full of
control of the Unreal!

My question is - in a jnAni, is this capability to
control the Unreal infinte?

Dhanyavaad
Kiran