Dream and waking states

Vidyasankar vsundaresan at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 9 21:07:34 CDT 2002

>(Even in the down-to-earth sense, I don't understand
>why you call the dream-state is something under
>personal control. I don't know about others, but I
>can't dream what I want to dream always!)

The down-to-earth sense is (or should be) anathema when we talk
philosophy. Let us move on to specific and technical senses, shall we?

Ask yourself, who is it that "wants" to dream something? Who is it that
"can't" dream the same thing?

If you have an answer to both questions, let us know. And also clarify
whether your answer to both questions is the same or not.

Finally, think about this - who creates your dream? - and let us know how
the answer to this question compares with the answer to the previous two.

Vidyasankar