[Advaita-l] Re: Vivekachudamani vs Bhashyas

S Jayanarayanan sjayana at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 22 15:57:40 CDT 2003

--- Vidyasankar Sundaresan <svidyasankar at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > bRhad-bhAshya 1.4.7 is the process of perfecting brahmajnAna.
> >
> >Shankara merely gives it a passing glance. The works of later
> advaitins
> >are needed to fill in the details.
>
> It is more than a passing glance, in my opinion, because he
> consistently

The only reason I feel the passage is not an in-depth discussion on the
topic of GYAna and mukti is that it does not specifically distinguish
the two, about how the former is subsumed by the latter.

AFAIK, Jaldhar was posting a series from the JMV, but did not get to
complete it. I'll try and post some extracts from the JMV on this
topic.

-Kartik