[Advaita-l] Re:Birth Place of Shankara

Min min at nwlink.com
Fri Aug 29 18:36:32 CDT 2003

Greetings,
In many websites and literature, we read words
like the following four lines:
 On the other hand, sureSvara
clearly refers to the teachers from gauDa and
drAviDa (evaM gauDair
drAviDair naH pUjyair ayam arthaH prabhAShitaH) in
the naiShkarmyasiddhi. It
is obvious that gauDapAda of the mANDUkya kArikA-s
is the gauDa teacher

Vidyasankar

Would those four lines make less sense spelled
this way?
On the other hand, Suresvara
clearly refers to the teachers from Gauda and
Dravida (evam gaudair
drdvidair nah pujyair ayam arthah prabhashitah) in
the naishkarmyasiddhi. It
is obvious that Gaudapada of the Mandukya Karika-s
is the Gauda teacher
Or.
ON THE OTHER HAND, SURESVARA
CLEARLY REFERS TO THE TEACHERS FROM GAUDA AND
DRAVIDA (EVAM GAUDAIR
DRDVIDAIR NAH PUJYAIR AYAM ARTHAH PRABHASHITAH) IN
THE NAISHKARMYASIDDHI. IT
IS OBVIOUS THAT GAUDAPADA OF THE MANDUKYA KARIKA-S
IS THE GAUDA TEACHER
Or, if I changed the capitals around like
MaNduKyA, would that be a different word? As a
person who has the misfortune of not knowing
Sanskrit, my guess of course is that the capital
letters are where they are for a reason. I haven't
figured it out or I missed something somewhere.
Min