[Advaita-l] Re: Some basic questions on Advaita

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 11 12:55:01 CDT 2003

--- Nagarjuna Siddhartha <nagarjunasiddhartha at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Does the
> anvaya-vyatireka involve negation of the trasmigrating jIva also?

>From my understanding:

anvaya-vyatireka aspect is eloberately discussed by Shree Vidyaranya in
the  first chapter of Panchadasi.  Shree Sadananda yogiindra also
discussed this aspect as part of jahaajahallakshaNa in his "Vedanta
Saara'.

In a nut shell - one is there the other is there is anvaya
and one is not there and the other is not there is vyatireka.

Ring is there and gold is there - anvya - this shows interrelation.
Ring is not there but gold is still there -Hence vyatireka fails. That
failure puts the two at two different degrees of reality.

Body is there and I am there - anvyaya.

Body is not there ( I am not conscious of the body in dream or deep
sleep states) but I am still there - hence vyatireka fails. By this
process, we eliminate our identity with the body and deduce it as
adhyaaropa.

Hari OM!
Sadananda

=====
What you have is His gift to you and what you do with what you have is your gift to Him - Swami Chinmayananda.