[Advaita-l] A question

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 14 10:25:59 CDT 2003

My suggestion for you is - do your daily sadhana - listening/studying/
discussing  Vedanta and make use of any sat Sangh available in your
area. Do not follow any one or accept any one as your guru until you
discover he/she is your guru in your heart - the one from whom you have
received the greatest help in quietening your mind. Ultimately you have
to discover the guru/god in your own heart. When you are ready, a proper
guru will come to you as long as you keep your heart open to satsangh.

My best wishes.

Hari OM!
Sadananda

--- maria DICKSON <mad574 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> I have a question and I am trying to find the answer.
> >From a year ago I began to study advaita vedanta
> philosophy... without a guru. I am trying to become a
> bhakti yogi but it is a hard work to do this without a
> master. My question is that if I have to wait and my
> guru will come to me when I am ready (as Vivekananda
> says) or if I have to look for him.
> Thanks a lot.
> Maria

> Need assistance? Contact:
> listmaster at advaita-vedanta.org

=====
What you have is His gift to you and what you do with what you have is your gift to Him - Swami Chinmayananda.