[Advaita-l] Re: Advaita-l Digest, Vol 1, Issue 32

Jay Nelamangala jay at r-c-i.com
Mon Jun 2 16:42:30 CDT 2003

Dear SriKrishna,

All these saints or 'yati's are no ordinary people.
They have to be respected by all,  even if we
do not subscribe to their school of thought fully.
Each AchArya has come here for a definite purpose,
and they have done their part.

> I know some situations where in some one born in
> Madhva or Visishtadvaitings have  adopted sanyasa
> order in Advaita. I have not come across any reverse

People have also run away from sanyAsa to lead married life.
It all depends on that individual person.   A mandana mishra
who was a buddhist became surEshwarAchArya of naishkarmya
siddhi fame.   The first four students of Sri Madhwa were all
great advaitic scholars of their times.

> situtions. Also, modern mystics who claim to have
> attained 'realisation' only support 'Advaita' why is
> it so ??

Any personal experience is 'limited to' and 'limited by' that person
hence the need for an apourushEya vEda.
"tamEvam vidvAn amrita iha bhavati nAnyah panthA ayanAya vidyatE"
There should be a reason why Veda insists on the knowledge of
Parabrahman, don't you think?