[Advaita-l] Advaita-l Digest, Vol 2, Issue 29

Jay Nelamangala jay at r-c-i.com
Thu Jun 12 21:05:45 CDT 2003

Dear NagArjuna,

> Using your own logic,  can you say bricks give a
> better sense of reality,  than great wall of china?

>Bricks do give a better sense of reality. If you know
>the "essence" of the great wall you can even
>reconstruct a similar wall anywhere else. But if you
>dont know the essence of the great wall, such a
>similar reconstruction is impossible.

So what is your point?

By knowing the essence of great wall  as bricks
in the mundane world of civil engineering,
you may be able to reconstruct similar walls.

When it comes to the knowledge of Parabrahman,
neither bricks, nor walls, nor Great wall of China
nor your civil engineering is going to help.
That is the whole point.

BTW,  I have read "MoolamAdhyamika kArikA"
of Sri NagArjuna.