[Advaita-l] neha nAnAsti kiMchana

Sankaran Aniruddhan ani at ee.washington.edu
Sat Jun 14 03:09:53 CDT 2003

namaste,

> What do you mean by this ? Jay has mentioned there three sattyas as per
> advaita. You are saying all these three themselves belongs to one of it's
> member (that is vyavaharika) !!!
> This does not make sense. I afraid, this will lead to infinite regress !

Obviously vyavaharika satya is not really satya is it, since nirguna brahman
is the true reality? All philosophy is only at the vyavaharika level, so
that's why we can postulate two levels of empirical and ultimate reality.
You cannot find fault with advaita for considering the world to be
ultimately unreal, and again for attributing some level of reality to it.

> What do you mean by "all other schools have multiple categories in their
> conception of reality" ?
> Please clarify. We'll discuss it.

Kartik has explained this better than me.

Aniruddhan

Sruti smRti purANAnAm Alayam karuNAlayam
namAmi bhagavatpAda Sam.karam lokaSam.karam