[Advaita-l] Neha nAnAsti kimchana

Nagarjuna Siddhartha nagarjunasiddhartha at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 14 13:46:44 CDT 2003

>I thought you were asking Jay to use the same yardstick, logic or
>shruti, to evaluate every school. Now, how come you are not doing that?

Show me where I did not do that.

>Since you are keen on using logic to determine the nature of Brahman,
>who admittedly is beyond logic, I'd like to know if you find the idea
>of an attributeless object logical and reasonable?

It was Jay who was trying to assail the position of advaita using logic to which I raised an objection. If brahman is beyond logic, then there is no point in logically assailing advaita.

To your latter question, an attributeless object is not reasonable. But brahman is not an object in advaita.

Nomadeva Sharma <nomadeva at yahoo.com> wrote:

--- Nagarjuna Siddhartha wrote:

> Dear Srinivas,

> Please wait. Here I am making an objection. The
> interpretation of "neha nAnAsti kimchana" given by Jay
> is clearly illogical. He was indeed opposing anumana.
> For it is absolutely illogical to say that the kriya,
> jnana, guNa etc of brahman are not different.

I thought you were asking Jay to use the same yardstick, logic or
shruti, to evaluate every school. Now, how come you are not doing that?

Since you are keen on using logic to determine the nature of Brahman,
who admittedly is beyond logic, I'd like to know if you find the idea
of an attributeless object logical and reasonable?

> > In previous several posts, we discussed about "ekam
> > eva advitiiyam" .

> There is actually only one essence and that is
> brahman.

Talking of logic again, how can 'essence' and nirguNa brahman be same,
when the latter is supposed to be beyond the considerations of jAti,
etc, while the former isn't?

Regards,
Krishna