[Advaita-l] kshetram and kshetraj~na

Jay Nelamangala jay at r-c-i.com
Mon Jun 16 13:54:45 CDT 2003

Dear Sadaananda,

Namaste.   I would like to know what exactly you mean
when you say something is notional, and something is factual.

> Yes, for that reason  jiivaatma is notional and not factual and we need
> shaastra to remove that notional misunderstanding.

What exactly is meant by jivAtman is 'notional' ?
Does it mean it is just in 'thinking'?
or does it mean it is only described that way in Agama?

Does something that is 'notional' ever become 'factual' ? or
Will notional stay notional for ever?  Conversely,
Can  factual ever become notional ?

Also what would be the equivalent shAstraic terminology for
these two terms.

Help me out.