[Advaita-l] An adhyAsa challenge

Jay Nelamangala jay at r-c-i.com
Mon Jun 16 15:13:31 CDT 2003

Dear Bhaskar jI,

Namaste.

> >  But according to you end or laya is end of the experience of sAkshi-D
is
> it not??  Pls. see your reply to Sri Sadananda prabhuji.
>
> The 'end' or Laya  of body is in prakrti. The 'end' or 'Laya' of jIvAtman
> is in paramAtman.
>
> >  So, after *pralaya* there will be the process of merging jIvAtman in
> paramAtman correct prabhuji?? ( You wrote so, while explaining in one of
> your mails the state of *realisation*.   I am happy to know that atleast
at
> the ultimate stage you are endorsing the non-dualistic view of Ekatva.
But

No  No.   you are reading it in piece-meal.

Three kinds of jeevas - sattva, rajas,  tamas -   'end' accordingly.

U-rdhvam-ga-ccha-nti   sa-ttva-sthA
ma-dhyaE  ti-SHTHa-nti  rA-ja-sAH |
ja-gha-nya-gu-Na-vRe-tti-sthA
a-dhO  ga-ccha-nti  tA-ma-sAH ||  14.18

It is only sattika-jeevas that will eventually have their 'end' or laya in
ParamAtman.
Once they reach Him,  there is no returning back to this world again.
"yad gatvA na nivartante taddhAma paramam mama"  - geetha. 15.6

The tAmasika-jeevas will have their 'end' or laya in Andah-tamas.
"MAm-aprApyaiva kaunteya tato yanty adhamAm gatim"  - 16.20

The rajasika-jeevas will have their 'end or laya in  samsAra itself  or in
other
words,  they are in permanent   birth/death circulation for ever.

In *praLaya"  everything is taken back by Parabrahman,  it does not mean
everyone gets mOksha in *praLaya*.     Only those who have attained
mOksha,  are not circulated in the next *Creation*,   the rest of them will
be.

In either *praLaya* or in *mOksha*,   the jIvAtman will stay as jIvAtman
So,  there is no process of merging jIvAtman in paramAtman at any time.
In mOksha,  jIvAtman is in constant enjoyment of his svaroopa-Ananda,
in the sAnidhya of ParamAtman.

I hope it is clearer.