Eternity and apaurusheyatva of vedas

kalyan chakravarthy kalyan_kc at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 6 12:11:09 CST 2003

Namaskaar,

I think most of the major hindu traditions consider the vedas to be eternal.
I dont understand how this can be true. For example, the Katha Upanishad
could not have been there before the birth of Nachiketa. Another thing is
the apaurusheyatva of vedas. Is it not illogical to consider the vedas to be
apaurusheya? I am sorry if I sound ignorant. I would appreciate any help in
this matter.

Best Regards
Kalyan