Dvaita and Sophistry - Part 1(The nature of difference)

Thu Mar 13 12:38:19 CST 2003

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, kalyan chakravarthy wrote:

> Namaskaaram,
>
> >Such words are unnecessary and your arguments can stand nicely without it.
>
> Sorry. In future I would refrain from using unnecessary words.

Thankyou.  As Sadananda said, to argue in a respectful manner is the sine
of a cultured and decent human being.  God knows I find it hard to do
myself at times, but wehav to keep trying.

> >We may disagree strongly with Dvaita but at least it has a firmer
> >foundation than some of the crazy ideas being thrown around these days.

> Can you elaborate on this please?

Dvaita arguments atleast attempt to base themselves on facts and logic
unlike the muddled hodge-podge of many of todays thinkers (many of which
unfortunately claim to be in the Advaita camp.)  I give them credit for
that.  We may diagree with both the premises and the conclusions but we
ought to atleast respect the effort.

Also historically the spirited criticism of Vyas Tirth and his disciples
forced Advaita Vedanta to clarify our views (Which Swami Madhusudan
Saraswati and his discipes ably did.)  So actually we should thank such
people for polishing the the gem of Advaita!