The sources of authority in Advaita Vedanta

ravi chandrasekhara vadhula at YAHOO.COM
Mon Mar 24 13:32:19 CST 2003

Dear List members,

Thanks for the response to my questions.  Jaldhar's
discussion below is one of the best explanations on
our varna-ashrama.  I have perused dvaita and
vishtadvaita list archives and they are in agreement
with Jaldhar's explanation.  In Hindu Dharma, Kanchi
Acharya gives an excellent explanation on varna
dharma.  Recently there was an article by Mr Gupta,
Indian ambassador to Finland, which stated our shatras
prohibit casteism which has led to debates on many
discussion groups.  These debates tend to focus on
veda-adhikara for non-dvijas, women, and foreigners.
The question is what adhikara do dvija bandhus and
dvija brasthas have with regards to what rituals they
can perform or can they marry from their respective
castes still, etc.

Dhanyavaad, Ravi Chandrasekhara

=== message truncated ===