Ramanuja's Summary of the Advaitin's Position - 1

Vidyasankar vsundaresan at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri May 2 19:28:56 CDT 2003

>Shifting the validity from statements to states does not shift the inherent
>hierarchy.
>The substance-attribute body-soul framework of Visistadvaita places all
>sruti in the same
>hierarchy.

However, why place all of it at the same level, when each Sruti statement
itself tells us of the hierarchy in which it is placed? If we impose a
distinction between substance and attribute, between body and soul, in the
state of moksha also, then that is what directly contradicts the Sruti
statement, neha nAnAsti kiMcana.

Vidyasankar