Ramanuja's Summary of the Advaitin's Position - 1

Vidyasankar vsundaresan at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon May 5 13:53:57 CDT 2003

>John Grimes's own perspective on the intractable differences and
>constructuctive value can be found at the link below, in specific his
>comment much
>echoed by numerous others that :
>The conflicts which exist between the systems do not seem to affect
>their value as a particular system of thought. One may even go so far as to

Yes, I would quite agree with that. Each of our systems of thought is
highly internally consistent and has its own value. Of course, when viewed
in terms of which school of Vedanta best succeeds in interpreting the
source texts, each person has his or her own opinion, based largely on the
individual understanding of the texts themselves.

Vidyasankar