[Advaita-l] Re: : ONLY ONE PLACE - Panchikarana ?!

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Mon May 26 22:07:50 CDT 2003

>    The Similarity between Naishkarmya Sidhi and Panchikarana is very
>difficult to maintain. Please refer the Paramahamsa Mimasa

Similarity of naishkarmyasiddhi is not with pancIkaraNa, but with the
vArtika on it.

>book.  the description - na sad, na asad, etc.to Karana Sharira is very
>foreign to the Entire Gamut of Sri Shankara Bhashya and the Vartika on
>Taitreya and Brihadaranyaka Bhasya Vartika.

Well, there are other scholars who opine otherwise. This is the nature of
arguments about textual authenticity. Without clear evidence one way or the
other, there is always something that can be said for both sides, without
resolution. I will have to read the book you quote before I can add much
else to this discussion.

Regards,
Vidyasankar