FW: Re: [Advaita-l] Locus of avidyaa

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Mon May 26 23:43:31 CDT 2003

On Wed, 21 May 2003, M. S. Ravisankar wrote:

> But my question is, does one always have the luxury of refusing to answer?
> If yes, why it was not used?

Take the question "Is 7pm later than 5pm?"  Straightforward right?  If you
are talking about 5pm and 7pm on the same day, the answer is yes.  But
what if you are talking about 7pm on Monday and 5pm on Tuesday?  Then the
answer is no.  So the true answer to the question as stated is
-- anirvachaniyam.  The refusal to answer is not for strategc reasons but
simply because it is logically impossible to answer.  The same with the
locus of avidya.  The idea of locus is itself avidya so it is logically
impossible to answer.

[At this point it is "traditional" to make some remark about Quantum
Physics and the Heisenberg principle but I won't. :-)]