[Advaita-l] jivanmukti

Swaminathan Ganesan swamigganesan at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 10 01:56:03 CST 2003

Hi Tahir,

Sri Ramkarishna was very clear that anyone who is a jivanmukta and still
existing in the bodily form did have a desire. So they will ensure that they
do the activities essential for them to fulfill the desire. He used to say
that he had the desire to enjoy the Mother's Maya and hence he had to pay
some amount of attention to his body. He also said the Shankara kept the
desire of teaching humanity in order to be able to write such volumes on
Vedanta.

Vedanta has laid down gradations even among Jivanmuktas like Brahmavid etc.
in order to explain this.

Regards,
Swaminathan