[Advaita-l] RE: e-vEdAnta course

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Wed Nov 12 17:03:10 CST 2003

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Jagannathan Mahadevan wrote:

> One of the expectations from Jaldhar is that one should go to a Patashala
> instead of an e-course. How many of us are ready to do that?

You would be surprised what people are capable of when you appeal to their
nobler nature.

still I'm very sympathetic to the predicament of todays seeker.  It wasn't
that long ago I was in the same situation.  I didn't have access to a
pathashala either and I had to piece together whatever I could from
whoever was available.  Certainly I feel there are huge gaps in my
knowledge.

But even if it is too late for you and I to lead an 100% ideal life, can't
we leave the world a little better than how we found it.  And if a little
better why not a lot better?  Then atleast our children or their children
will have it easier.

Incidently, you suggest that you are not ready to attend a pathashala
presumably in India.  What if it were in Austin?  How about Dallas?  how
about New Jersey?