[Advaita-l] An appeal for contribution of Names of Goddess as a nine-day yajna

V. Krishnamurthy profvk at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 27 13:46:06 CDT 2003

Namaste all

Appeal to all Devotees of Mother Goddess.

A namavali celebration has been started as a project by ambaa.org from today. The idea is that each one contributes five or multiples of five names of ambaa, in the form of a prayer or a description of the Goddess. You can have a look at the website which has already 70 names in it contributed by devotees like you. This is a cooperative yajna. Please join it. Please contribute whatever you think will suit  as a one-line prayer or a one-line description of Mother Goddess. By the end of the navaratri we should get 1000 names. Have a look at the website.
http://www.ambaa.org/download/namavali.txt

Please proceed on the same lines . Don't worry about the numberings or possible repetitions. We shall take care of it at the end of the project. What you have to do is this. Either directly post it on ambaa-L list if you are a member of ambaa-L and if you are not, send your five (or multiples of five) names of ambaa to  me immediately. This is an unusual nama-yajna, at the end of which we would have composed in English a devi sahasra namam on the internet, the first of its kind, ever. Thank you. May you have the blessings of ShrI mAtA.

PraNAms to all devotees of Mother Goddess
profvk
.

Prof. V. Krishnamurthy
My website on Science and Spirituality is http://www.geocities.com/profvk/
You can  access my book on Gems from the Ocean of Hindu Thought Vision and Practice,  and my father R. Visvanatha Sastri's manuscripts from the site.