[Advaita-l] The nature of spiritual realisation

Raghavendra N Kalyan kalyan7429 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 30 14:24:35 CDT 2003

>Before I type Shankara's commentary, any ideas as to how the >opponent's theory can be refuted?

For a moment, let it be accepted that consciousness is an attribute of the body.

Is consciousness an essential attribute or an accidental attribute of the body? If it is essential, then even a dead body (with all organs preserved)must be conscious. If it is accidental, then there is no reason why bodies alone must be conscious.