[Advaita-l] Sankaracharya

Ravishankar Venkatraman sunlike at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 8 21:28:15 CDT 2004

There are several books available on the life of Sri. Sankara. Please read
them and you will know more about this.

I would suggest at least two of them.

1) Adi Sankara: His Life and Times by H.H. Sri. Chandrasekharendra
Saraswathi Swamigal of Kanchi Kamakoti Peetam published by Bhavan's Journal.
This will give you a comparative study of the sources available, and His
Holiness view on this.

2) Conquest of the Four Quarters (Traditional accounts of the life of Sri
Sankara) by Jonathan Bader published by Aditya Prakashan, New Delhi.

There are direct translations of Madhaviya Sankara Vijayam by Swami
Tapasyananda, Ramakrishna Mutt and others, which do not discuss in detail
about other sources available.

Thanks,
Ravi