[Advaita-l] Advaita and other philosophies

Raghavendra N Kalyan kalyan7429 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 21 11:08:17 CDT 2004

>> True but on the other hand if we didn't have faith
> >that the Acharyas had the right answer then why
> >would we care what they taught?

>How can you have faith in any AchArya before you
>examine his answers and find out for yourself if the
>answers are right?! Following the AchArya blindly is
>utter foolishness, and is nowhere advocated for.

How will you verify that your AchArya's words are true? By examining them logically/rationally or by experiencing? The former is a bit shaky, for rationalism can be sometimes subjective. (For some, "God exists" is rational, while for others, "God does not exist" is rational, and so on). If the latter, how would you know when to stop your verification process in case the AchArya's words are false? Like, say, if you follow some vasihNava school and you dont reach vaikunTha after sometime. Would you conclude that it is a false school and turn to other paths or would you continue to experiment?

Regards

Raghavendra