[Advaita-l] Sanskrit Devanagari Font

Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian rama.balasubramanian at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 17:15:10 CDT 2004

I personally had some trouble with Itranslator. For some reason it
seems to be introducing white-spaces in sanskrit words where I don't
want it. It happens almost every word. I installed and re-installed a
few times - home and at work - same results. No idea what I am doing
wrong.

I personally prefer MikTex, which is a LaTeX utility for windows. You
can run Wikners preprocessor along with LaTeX. It gives good results.
You can also install emacs on your PC, which makes editing LaTeX files
easier. You can create pdf files straight from the *.tex document
using pdflatex. This is of superior typeset quality compared to stuff
like Word and such. I also personally hate cutting and pasting from
some other software onto word documents.

You can install Cywgin on your PC, which emulates a Linux like
environment and do the same things mentioned above. I prefer this
since I use some other software in the cygwin distribution.

Try:

http://www.stat.pitt.edu/stoffer/freetex.html
http://www.cygwin.com

BTW, all the stuff above is free.

Rama

PS: Is Charles Wikner still on our list?