[Advaita-l] Dharma

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Wed Dec 1 23:05:44 CST 2004

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, Kiran B.R. wrote:

> > The ultimate goal of karma is to transcend the need for karma.
> > Thus a sannyasi who is shrotriya and brahmanishta is the highest role
> > model for the karmayogi as well.
>
> Wrong conclusion.

So you say.  Can you back it up?

 The true karmayOgi cannot be distinguished from the
> true sannyAsi. When you see karma in the akarma of the sannyAsi and
> akarma in the karma of the karmayOgi,

This doesn't even make any sense.

> The worst thing that has ever happened to our country is this wrong
> conclusion above. It has made us worship the lazy, the weak, the
> unclean, the industryless. Never, never was this taught by the Wise.
> It was only learnt by the unwise.

Again, this makes for a nice speech but it is not borne out by any kind of
historical fact.  Apply some industry to your study of Vedanta and you'll
see I'm right.

It's a boy! See the pictures - http://www.braincells.com/nilagriva/